Thursday, September 23

Darren bought me the refreshed and enhanced London Calling yesterday. Tis a beauty to fondle and has uber sexy packaging. It includes a Don Letts dvd documentary on the making of the album in 79 with footage that isn’t on the Westway To The World dvd, marvellous. Now, don’t get the wrong impression of me, I’m not one of these old punks harking back to the old days and moaning about the state of today’s music scene. I much prefer new stuff, I still buy the NME and watch MTV2 and The Amp. I hardly ever play music I bought, copied or downloaded from last year never mind 25 years ago. But London Calling has stood the test of time and (to quote Kool And The Gang) it still sounds fresh and exciting. This blog is not named after the album.

We watched Party Monster last night. I saw it at the cinema when it was out and didn’t think much of it but enjoyed it much more the second time. Seth Green acts Macaulay Culkin off the screen and Marilyn Manson does a good turn as a tranny. Actually, Seth was a little bit too good at doing camp which helped prick Darrens interest as he’s always had a thing for short ginger lads.

No comments: