Monday, September 19

Pass the sick bag



This monstrosity is called Euromir and is naturally located in the Russian section of the park. It is a Mack designed ride but I'm not surprised that this remains the only one built. The first portion of the ride involves a unique revolving lift-hill inside one of the glass towers (a bit like an Archimedes screw) followed by some wild-mouse tight cornering 100ft off the ground. The cars then plunge down that huge banked curve and into a set of even tighter helix's before re-entering the station. The problem with the ride for me (and I know I'm a lone voice on this as Euromir seems to have millions of devoted fans) is the revolving cars. They spin at various points of the ride and I spent most of my trip facing backwards not having a clue about where I was heading. 30 seconds more on that thing and I would have chucked my lunch on the heads of those waiting to ride below. God knows why I rode it again after the same thing happened three years ago.
It is a mesmerising ride to watch (from terra firma) and the Russian nose-bleed techno blaring inside the glass towers sorta suited the ambience.

No comments: