Monday, October 11

The Go! Team at The Spitz last Thursday were mighty grand. They were bumped up to headliners at the last minute which musta pissed The Blue States off a bit. The BS were good and I still love that track they do that was used in all the football programmes during the European Championships this summer (Trainer Shuffle?). Roll on Stockholm.

Alton Towers on Friday was mighty grand too. It was a nice sunny autumn day and the park was thankfully free from school children. I had a gnawing feeling all day that I was being followed and then, sure enough, I spotted her peeping out from under a waterproof poncho not ten yards behind me. I stroked her hair and let her ride on the spinning tea-cups with me then sent her on her way with a photo of me puking up behind the petting zoo. The new roller coaster this year is Spinball Whizzer and it’s a beauty. Darren and I couldn’t stay off it. It’s a smooth and fast ride and, as the cars spin depending on the weight of the riders, no two rides are the same. We loved it and predict that other parks will acquire their own versions soon. Nemesis was out of action but Oblivion and Air are still great fun. The new Haunted House has gone all ‘28 Days Later’ which means you get to shoot zombies with laser guns while you ride round the castle. A belly full of steak pie had dulled my senses so my score wasn’t as impressive as Darrens. Top day out.

Saturday night at Duckie for Martins Birthday. It’s always a pleasure to be entertained by the best DJ’s in the UK - The Readers Wifes. The performance this week was LaQuisha Jonz and she was fantastic. My jaw ached from laughing. Salt beef bagels on the way home and in bed for 4am.

We watched two movies on Sunday. The Lawless Heart was very good. It’s one of those clever scripts where the same scenes are shot several times, each one from a different characters viewpoint. The story is about how the death of a gay man in a very small town has affected his friends and family. I loved the marvelous Essex scenery. It’s a cliché but it was funny and sad and ultimately heartwarming. Wonderland is a movie about John Holmes (work safe) descent into a grim life of murder and hard drugs. Comparisons with Boogie Nights are inevitable but Wonderland just didn’t measure up. It was gritty and blood soaked and believable but lost points cos they didn’t show us his cock (NOT work safe).

No comments: