Sunday, September 12

I was too poorly to make it to Trafalgar Square tonight to see The Pet Shop Boys. Also I couldn't be bothered. If they'd planned to do another 'performance' then I might have had a wash and mosied down there for a shufty. I think they were just going to pretend to play their casios along to an old black and white Hammer horror film starring Oliver Reed. Anyway, it was raining in North London at 8pm so it would have just been a sea of pink brolly's in front of the stage/screen and with my luck I'd have been stood next to the drunk fan shouting for "West End Girls!".

We went into Brick Lane at tea time on Saturday and had a curry. Then we went on Carnesky's Ghost Train. Which was interesting. Not scary but very interesting. It's very beautiful and haunting and it's about women crossing borders both emotionally and geographically through the metaphor of the magician's assistant. I was getting more and more into it after each rotation and some of the effects were brilliant. The 'performers' worked wonders on the tiny stages and the finale was wonderful (I won't spoil it any further as it has over a week left to run). Go.

No comments: