Friday, July 23

The death of the record shop has been prolonged and nasty for the last ten years. When I was a nipper I used to spend Saturdays listening to singles in a soundproof booth in Rumbelows. Then I’d buy one of them. When I got a paper-round I started to buy a single and an album each week. Good times. But it’s much better these days. Lying in bed this morning I was reading the new Scootering magazine and there was a great review of the Razorlight album. I got out of bed, made a coffee, put my pc on, downloaded the Razorlight album in just 10 minutes (legally and cheaply but I’m not telling you where from), dumped it onto my mp3 player then went to the park with the dog and listened to it. I was hooked by track four and now, at 11am, I’m at my desk and have just pressed play for the third time.

No comments: