Tuesday, March 15


Don’t you just love Spring and the energizing sensations it creates! I ordered some of those maps that the Mayor has produced for cyclists to refine their journeys to work. Then I sold my scooter (long story and too boring to be told here). Bought an Oyster card but not used it yet. Bought a single speed bicycle (“what! are you mad? no gears? fool!”) and started riding eight miles to work. So far so good and I’ve not started spitting up blood from the trauma of exercise. The TFL maps have kept me off the main roads and so far the journey is taking an hour. I hope to get this down to 50 minutes in the next few weeks. My journey, door to door, by underground also takes an hour as I have a 15 minute walk to the station and a 10 minute walk at the other end. Can’t wait for Summer when using the tube is like travelling inside an Aga on wheels.

No comments: