Monday, March 7

Business Class tickets were booked to St Petersburg. A lovely room at this hotel was procured. Edward was booked into kennels and special shirts were ironed. Then my visa failed to materialise on Monday. And it’s a public holiday in Russia on Tuesday. So my visa maybe ready by Thursday. But my flight is on Wednesday and my meetings on Thursday. So the flight has been cancelled. The hotel room un-booked and the kennels notified.
Ever had that feeling that a trip or an event is not going to happen? No matter how hard I tried to imagine myself skating on the Neva wearing a huge fur coat I just couldn’t make the image stick or even take the business planning seriously. I somehow knew that I wouldn’t be going to Russia this week. So I wasn’t at all surprised when the useless visa organisers rang me this afternoon to tell me the ‘bad’ news.

No comments: