Thursday, July 8

I jammed my finger in the garden door as I was letting Edward out last night. Swollen and sore today so I called work to explain I was unable to attend the office today. No one answered the phone though as it’s the Civil Service Sports Day today in a field near Barnes. Most folk in my office pretend they’re going to go but never make it. The boss is playing in a 5-aside team so he’ll be there. The four office piss-heads will be there as there’s a bar from 10.30. I’ve never been to this faux olympic sham and have always pottered about in the office with the cardigan-wearing spinster who smokes 40 a day and only eats apples and raw broccoli (picture of health, not). Well not today, I’ve just e-mailed my boss and informed him that I’m extending my Friday and Monday off with a Thursday. Off to Blackpool with Darren and Edward tomorrow.

The Long Firm was good last night. I watched the second episode straight after on BBC4 but thought it was a tiny bit weaker than the first. Derek Jacobi was brilliant and did you spot Jake Arnott in the Stardust club talking to Ruby? Anyone else notice that they left the sign on the wall for the Ghetto club in Falconberg court during one scene?
Finally something to make me stop moaning about the TV licence.

No comments: