Tuesday, July 20


 
We use two duvets. One each. Single sized and wrapped in lovely Swiss cotton covers. I like to fold them over and place them at the bottom of the bed during the day. Just like in boutique hotels. After a hot bath last night I lay on the bed with my legs elevated by the folded duvet. Most comfortable. I was reading Rhona Camerons book about growing up a lezzer in Scotland in the 70’s. Mighty funny. Her description of the clothes she took on a school skiing trip made me howl:
 
“From a distance I looked like a Solero iced lolly on skis and close up I looked like a little Scottish lesbian in an orange kagoule”
 
A holiday would be nice soon. But there’s nowt booked. In December we are off to Florida but that seems like months away. Oh, it is months away.
A drive through some German mountains would be nice, so would a week in Sicily wearing 70’s style swimming trunks and eating gnocchi, a few days in Vienna testing cakes would be great, but so would a week on the beach in Torremolinos with a pile of books and a ham toasty, NYC in a Schrager hotel would tickle my fancy, as would a dog friendly hotel in an attractive English village, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park Drayton Manor, Oakwood, Flamingoland, Lightwater Valley, Pleasureland, Pleasure Beach, Trafford Centre, Meadowhall, Bluewater, Metro Centre, sushi in Tokyo, fish and chips in Aberdeen, currywurst in Hamburg, vlamses frittes in Antwerp, Camberwell carrot in Amsterdam, pad thai in Phuket, falafel in Luxor, mint tea in Tangier, kebab in Istanbul and 10p tea in Blackpool. Any of these will do.

No comments: